Here are some genius green cleaning options that are good for the environment & your hip pocket.
We are starting to see more and more people changing their habits and opting for healthy, ‘green’ products and services. And it is the journey for a better world that has been the key to changing the cleaning industry and cleaning products.
BeClean Australia is focused on bringing better, greener choices to the cleaning industry. From the way we run our business, the choice of our suppliers, our focus on saving amenities, and using biodegradable materials and green cleaning products.
We also provide our clients with environment friendly, green cleaning reports so they can track their carbon footprint and make environmentally friendly choices.
While it’s easy to go for cheap chemicals we opted to undertake extensive research and product testing. And the result was the adoption of revolutionary green cleaning products such as:
- Tersano with it’s patented stabilized aqueous ozone (SAO) dispenser that infuses cold tap water with ozone to create safe, high-performing stabilized aqueous ozone. It eliminates germs, odors, stains, mold, and mildew. Quickly kills viruses and bacteria including E.coli, Salmonella, MRSA and more. It’s safe and effective with no toxins, carcinogens, or chemical residue and converts safely back to tap water and oxygen.
- Enzyme Wizard, which uses enzymes to dissolve the dirt from surfaces. It doesn’t happen overnight – a biological process takes time. Enzymes are not an instant answer, but are the lasting answer. And they dont produce foul-smelling compounds.
Both products are harmless to health and do an amazing job with cleaning.
Home green cleaning products
You don’t have to buy green cleaning products to replace chemical used in your home however. There are many natural, easy and cheap options you can use:
- baking soda
- potato (yes potato!)
- and of course hot water
Believe it or not, these can deliver better results than chemicals and represent a better and healthier option for your family.
Home made product recipes
Here are three tried and tested recipes for deep cleaning.
Cleaning your drains:
Avoid expensive service fees if you have a blocked drain or your drain is producing bad smells. While drains can be difficult to clean this formula is the answer to sorting out your drain problems without having direct contact:
- Baking Soda
- Hot Water
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl and quickly pour the solution down the drain.
- You may need to repeat the procedure a few times until the drain runs clean.
- If you like you can add some fragrance, such as lemon or orange zest, into the hot water to improve the smell immediately.It’s important to remember to mix the solution well each time before you pour it because it reacts very quickly.
Multi-purpose green cleaner:
- zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 spray bottle
- Put the rosemary and the zest in the bottle and fill it up with vinegar.
- Let it stand for 20 minutes.
- Shake well and use to clean surfaces.
Green cleaner for cutting boards and pots & pans:
Cutting boards are notorious for holding onto food stains – not to mention bacteria. And the burnt remnants of dinner in pots and pans can be challenging. Don’t resort to steel wool that will damage surfaces. This formula will solve the problem in a cheap way.
- Coarse Salt
- In a small bowl wide enough to fit the circumference of a potato mix a large amount of salt with a good squeeze of lemon.
- Cut your potato in half.
- Now use the potato as a ‘scubbing brush’ to scrub the rough grease from the pan or board.
Happy green cleaning!